America: The National Catholic Review has published an article summarizing then things that the Catholic faithful make take from Pope Francis' new document "Amoris Laetitia" ("The Joy of Love"). It says these take aways are:
1. The church needs to understand families and individuals in all their complexity.
2. The role of conscience is paramount in moral decision making.
3. Divorced and remarried Catholics need to be more fully integrated into the church.
4. All members of the family need to be encouraged to live good Christian lives.
5. We should no longer talk about people “living in sin.”
6. What might work in one place may not work in another.
7. Traditional teachings on marriage are affirmed, but the church should not burden people with unrealistic expectations.
8. Children must be educated in sex and sexuality.
9. Gay men and women should be respected.
10. All are welcome.
The article makes a brief commentary on each of these points and spells them out a bit more. Click here to read the full article